Sunday, June 9, 2013

Peaceful protests for Animal rights

As I set out from my hotel one morning, I saw a group of people congregate in a prominent public place, carrying placards of graphic pictures of Abattoirs and of the cruelty to animals that take place there. The unique aspect to their protest was that they did not do any talking per se. They stood there with their placards, and displayed a handmade counter, giving a live feed of the number of animals facing a cruel death every minute in France. They also played shrieking animal noises in the background, the ones that are made by animals when they are about to be killed.
This unique way of protest had an effect on the French people, and I saw many of them stop from their busy schedule and take notice. Moved by their effort, I too joined them briefly.


No comments:

Post a Comment